CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Full of Complex Carbohydrates and MicroNutrients

I am a novelty to many (and I'm fine with that).
I have a very silly sense of humor usually riddled with malapropisms (and I'm fine with that, too).
I ask too many questions of Life and I expect all the answers.
I trust people too easily when I shouldn't; however, I respect everyone regardless…unless they do something to make me think twice.
I don't cheat. I am tactful yet will give the truth up front (and never mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it).
I like to help the people who have helped me, and even those who have not.
I never forget... but sometimes I misplace things.
I never lose hope.
I am awesomely blessed for the people who have come into my life, and I am blessed for the people who have left because I realize I didn't need them anyway.
I honestly feel that laughter is the best medicine you can have.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. In other words, I'm human, and definitely not perfect.
But tomorrow is another day, and there's so much cheese to be had...
(thank you to Ranae S. for this bit of inspiration!)

Please click often! It's free, and it helps our animal friends in shelters

The Animal Rescue Site

Everyone, get up and dance now!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Farewell to our Baby Dog

RIP, our beautiful Baby! We love you so much.



Farewell Friend, yet not farewell.
Where I go, ye too, shall dwell.
I am gone, before your face,
A moments time, a little space.
When ye have gone where I have stepped,
Ye will wonder, why ye wept.
Taken with permission from the Mount Prevost Veterinarian Clinic in Duncan, British Columbia.


Today, in spite of our veterinarian's best ongoing efforts, we had to put our sweet beloved girl down, due to kidney failure. We're sad beyond words.

We enjoyed the honor of Baby being our, well, baby... for just a wee amount of time (a year and a half). But in that too-short span, I fell in love with the sweetest-natured, most obedient dog I've ever been blessed with. Baby never met a stranger she did not like. Everyone loved her, including our cats. I think that little Lily is missing her the most... she used to rub up against Baby while twittering her teeny cat chatter ("Meep! meep!") each night, and then would lie down next to her.

Yeti is up in Heaven, welcoming 'Pee Pee Dog' Baby and showing her the best sunny patches of grass to roll around in, and Evvy is also there waiting to pet her sweet head.

I'm all cried out but keep finding more tears streaming down my face...  


2 comments:

Pam Morris said...

Oh, I am so very sorry. losing a beloved pet--I hesitate to use that word because to me, they are members of the family--is so devastating. I send my condolences and many hugs.

keith said...

Hi, what a beautiful sweetie. That face says it all. Very sorry to read this and hope you are mending. I had to say goodbye to my Katie Kat and her friend Paisley 8 some years ago, and I still miss them Even find a hair every now and then. (not the best house keeper) Take care.