CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Full of Complex Carbohydrates and MicroNutrients

I am a novelty to many (and I'm fine with that).
I have a very silly sense of humor usually riddled with malapropisms (and I'm fine with that, too).
I ask too many questions of Life and I expect all the answers.
I trust people too easily when I shouldn't; however, I respect everyone regardless…unless they do something to make me think twice.
I don't cheat. I am tactful yet will give the truth up front (and never mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it).
I like to help the people who have helped me, and even those who have not.
I never forget... but sometimes I misplace things.
I never lose hope.
I am awesomely blessed for the people who have come into my life, and I am blessed for the people who have left because I realize I didn't need them anyway.
I honestly feel that laughter is the best medicine you can have.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. In other words, I'm human, and definitely not perfect.
But tomorrow is another day, and there's so much cheese to be had...
(thank you to Ranae S. for this bit of inspiration!)

Please click often! It's free, and it helps our animal friends in shelters

The Animal Rescue Site

Everyone, get up and dance now!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

White Cat in Autumn Grove...

With far, far too many profound emotions and words to say, and not nearly enough time or space to reveal them... I remain silent, content instead to feel these emotions swirling inside me, after having spent this past Halloween down at the remote camp site at Daves Hollow with our small group of dear friends. These are the times that mean the most to me, deeply and spiritually, celebrating the true meaning of All Hallow's Eve.

While there on Halloween night, I finally got the chance to scatter some of Yeti's ashes during the evening, keeping the rest to put in a special urn I have at home on my desk.

I constantly thought about how terribly I missed my tiny white cat with the vivid green eyes - my funny, smart, extremely vocal constant companion of over 17 years - as we were on our way home. It's a truly lovely drive in breathtakingly beautiful country, and the day was one of those that makes you feel so very alive: a vibrant autumn offering that was crisp and chilly yet sunny, with puffy clouds stippled against the sky like marshmallows melting in a hot cup of blue curacao. Yeti was an unrepentant sun worshipper, and used to go with me for walks in the sun on days like this, where she'd stop and position herself for maximum ray absorption. To say the realization of this first autumn without her was painful is certainly an understatement, and I kept fighting tears as we drove on.

Mark and I decided to stop at a small antique store near Fayetteville that we'd passed by on many occasions and always swore we'd go in and have a little walkabout one of these days. As we pulled up, I saw an incredibly vivid grove of trees that absolutely burst in fall foliage colors. Red fire, orange fire, burnished gold and bronze, evergreen, all framed by a huge sleeping craggy brown oak. Seeing stuff like that always makes my heart and soul sing; no better way to describe it.  

I got my camera out to snap off a few photos, and as I looked again, I noticed it: a tiny white cat sitting in the sun.
Perhaps she just dropped in to say hello to Mom...

2 comments:

Vivienne Moss said...

So sorry about your beloved Yeti. What a beautiful picture and a beautiful message from your cat.

MacabreWebs said...

Hello Vivienne... thank you so much for your kind words.
Yes it was bittersweet, but of course I am thankful even though it brought tears to my eyes.
Hope your Halloween was splendid.
-E