CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Full of Complex Carbohydrates and MicroNutrients

I am a novelty to many (and I'm fine with that).
I have a very silly sense of humor usually riddled with malapropisms (and I'm fine with that, too).
I ask too many questions of Life and I expect all the answers.
I trust people too easily when I shouldn't; however, I respect everyone regardless…unless they do something to make me think twice.
I don't cheat. I am tactful yet will give the truth up front (and never mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it).
I like to help the people who have helped me, and even those who have not.
I never forget... but sometimes I misplace things.
I never lose hope.
I am awesomely blessed for the people who have come into my life, and I am blessed for the people who have left because I realize I didn't need them anyway.
I honestly feel that laughter is the best medicine you can have.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. In other words, I'm human, and definitely not perfect.
But tomorrow is another day, and there's so much cheese to be had...
(thank you to Ranae S. for this bit of inspiration!)

Please click often! It's free, and it helps our animal friends in shelters

The Animal Rescue Site

Everyone, get up and dance now!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jack Wild.

He was my first real crush.

After having seen him portray The Artful Dodger in the 1968 musical version of Oliver!  when I was a mere nine years old, I felt it necessary to own several copies of it (both VHS and DVD) and have since watched it at least five hundred times over the course of the past thirty or so years. I've listened to the movie soundtrack so many times I not only know each song, note and chorus verbatim, I actually wore the vinyl out. Thankfully, I now own the sturdy CD version, keeping it as a permanent fixture in my car.
My pre-pubescent love grew by leaps and bounds each Saturday morning throughout the 1970s, as I watched him in the psychedelic-tinged Sid and Marty Kroft children's show,  H.R. Puf 'n Stuff, hungrily drinking in his Cockney accent, hip mod shag haircut, and big brown eyes. 
When I learned he had died in March 2006 at age 52 due to complications from oral cancer, I cried. And cried ... for days. A significant piece of my life (and heart) had been torn out, never to be replaced. He would have been 58 on September 30, 2010.

I unabashedly admit, I still carry the torch for him, and always will. 


Rest well, sweet Jack. You're not forgotten.
RIP Jack Wild:  Sept. 30, 1952 - March 3, 2006

2 comments:

The Wary Wren said...

We must have led parallel lives to some extent... I was only 3 when I saw Jack Wild in Oliver! and then watched H.R. Pufnstuf and he was my invisible friend when I started school! Then later he was in Practical Math with Arthur English, but I can't find it anywhere on the web :o(( It's so difficult to believe that the authentic, serious young man I fell in love with is not on this planet any longer...

rakesh ranghani said...

best way to wish birthday memes to make smile on people face.