CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Full of Complex Carbohydrates and MicroNutrients

I am a novelty to many (and I'm fine with that).
I have a very silly sense of humor usually riddled with malapropisms (and I'm fine with that, too).
I ask too many questions of Life and I expect all the answers.
I trust people too easily when I shouldn't; however, I respect everyone regardless…unless they do something to make me think twice.
I don't cheat. I am tactful yet will give the truth up front (and never mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it).
I like to help the people who have helped me, and even those who have not.
I never forget... but sometimes I misplace things.
I never lose hope.
I am awesomely blessed for the people who have come into my life, and I am blessed for the people who have left because I realize I didn't need them anyway.
I honestly feel that laughter is the best medicine you can have.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. In other words, I'm human, and definitely not perfect.
But tomorrow is another day, and there's so much cheese to be had...
(thank you to Ranae S. for this bit of inspiration!)

Please click often! It's free, and it helps our animal friends in shelters

The Animal Rescue Site

Everyone, get up and dance now!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the dirt!

One of my most favorite things in the world is camp, and I don't mean the place in the woods where you sleep in a tent, kids.


Full of unintentional humor, 'Mommy Dearest' was the movie adaptation of Christina Crawford's unflattering memoir of life with her mother, classic film star Joan Crawford. The 1981 film (starring Faye Dunaway as Joan) chronicled an aging star dealing with life, career, multiple husbands and lovers, and her adopted children.

Apparently, Mama Joan was not the kind of loving, apple pie-baking, maternal archetype that comes to mind when you think of mommies. Obsessed with presenting the image of utter perfection in her career and home, the life she created with her kids was anything but idyllic. Alcoholism and rage were the norm, and fueled many a fire in the Crawford household as she struggled to stay at the top of her game in Hollywood. One notable scene in the movie showed a midnight beating suffered by daughter Christina, who was dragged from her bed for the unforgivable sin of using simple wire hangers to hang her dresses with ("No wire hangers, everrrrrr!!!!" shrieked Dunaway's Crawford, her face luridly smeared with cold cream and contorted with uncontrolled fury).
Photo: Paramount Pictures

But the scene that possibly sent the memory of Crawford forever into campy oblivion was when she discovered how a maid accidentally left a nearly-imperceptable ring of dirt around a potted plant. Crawford - with her obsessive/neurotic hatred of and inability to tolerate even the slightest amount of dust or dirt - flies into a blathering, raging cleaning frenzy to rid the floor of the offending grime, hissing to the terrified servant, "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the dirt!"


Chicago, IL-based band The Joans bring  rock 'n' roll campiness to the voice and legacy of the hanger-wielding La Crawford, in their hilarious video, entitled "I'm Not Mad at You, I'm Mad at the Dirt!"


Have a wonderful weekend y'all, and remember, Mother's Day is on Sunday, May 9th.



2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

That was fun! Thanks so much for sharing.

Cheers!

SquirrelQueen said...

I remember that movie, I still think about it sometimes when I see a wire coat hanger. The video is fun.