CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Full of Complex Carbohydrates and MicroNutrients

I am a novelty to many (and I'm fine with that).
I have a very silly sense of humor usually riddled with malapropisms (and I'm fine with that, too).
I ask too many questions of Life and I expect all the answers.
I trust people too easily when I shouldn't; however, I respect everyone regardless…unless they do something to make me think twice.
I don't cheat. I am tactful yet will give the truth up front (and never mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it).
I like to help the people who have helped me, and even those who have not.
I never forget... but sometimes I misplace things.
I never lose hope.
I am awesomely blessed for the people who have come into my life, and I am blessed for the people who have left because I realize I didn't need them anyway.
I honestly feel that laughter is the best medicine you can have.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. In other words, I'm human, and definitely not perfect.
But tomorrow is another day, and there's so much cheese to be had...
(thank you to Ranae S. for this bit of inspiration!)

Please click often! It's free, and it helps our animal friends in shelters

The Animal Rescue Site

Everyone, get up and dance now!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It was 50 years ago today...


To everyone who made turning 50 years young a special event for me.
You rock!!!


From the surprise party last Saturday night at Kimbro's Pickin' Parlor in Franklin, to the Secret Commonwealth (who really put on the most fantabulous show ever - particularly the specially-written song for my birthday), to everyone who spent time with me - it was awesome!!! The entire weekend has been one huge love-fest, from our dinner & movie Friday with Linda and Gary, to the show on Saturday, up till today, my actual birthday.

Wow. Warm fuzzies to the umpteenth degree. I'm incredibly blessed, and extremely humbled. I keep hearing Sally Field's emotional, post-Oscar winning voice in my head: "You like me... you really like me!"

Thank you to everyone...  dear Linda, Gary, Amanda, Jeffrey, John, Bernadette, Rod, Beth, Carl, Gwen, Michelle, Randy, Troy, Franko, Malin, Ron, Rob, Don..... the list goes on.... you know who you are, and you know how special you all are to me. I have never been happier in my  life, and you all are a part of it.

Most of all, words alone cannot begin to express my thanks to my husband... my Soul Mate, Mark - Mr. Poopy himself - for making this all possible. The specially-made cake (it was scrumpdillyumpcious), the songs, the marvelous outting to buy me all the fun, frivolous girlie stuff I like, the love you constantly show me... I'm gettin' all verklempt here again. You are my best friend, you are my heart. It may be snowing and freezing outside, but YOU are the coals in my fire, baby. I love you.

7 comments:

By Way of Salem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SquirrelQueen said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous birthday celebration.

Happy Birthday!

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Cheers!

MacabreWebs said...

Thanks so much, dear lady friends! It was big huge fun and made the stigma of turning the age a piece of cake!

By Way of Salem said...

I would love to wish you a Happy Birthday as well. There are things in life; mistakes, misdeeds, words, etc. one will always be sorry for, and I have mine. May your next 50 years be more wonderful than the first 50, dear Ellen. Perhaps a rocking chair will be left vacant for me next to yours up on a porch in the wild blue someday.... J

MacabreWebs said...

Thank you for the kind words, Jeannine! And may the coming years be good to you, too!

Mark said...

Looking forward to many more with you.