CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Full of Complex Carbohydrates and MicroNutrients

I am a novelty to many (and I'm fine with that).
I have a very silly sense of humor usually riddled with malapropisms (and I'm fine with that, too).
I ask too many questions of Life and I expect all the answers.
I trust people too easily when I shouldn't; however, I respect everyone regardless…unless they do something to make me think twice.
I don't cheat. I am tactful yet will give the truth up front (and never mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it).
I like to help the people who have helped me, and even those who have not.
I never forget... but sometimes I misplace things.
I never lose hope.
I am awesomely blessed for the people who have come into my life, and I am blessed for the people who have left because I realize I didn't need them anyway.
I honestly feel that laughter is the best medicine you can have.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. In other words, I'm human, and definitely not perfect.
But tomorrow is another day, and there's so much cheese to be had...
(thank you to Ranae S. for this bit of inspiration!)

Please click often! It's free, and it helps our animal friends in shelters

The Animal Rescue Site

Everyone, get up and dance now!

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Happy 8th Second Wedding Anniversary to us!

Yeah, I know, sounds odd. But my dear hubby and I spent this special day together and it was the best day EVER!!!


Well what a day it was! 
First, waking up to a fresh Etsy sale!
Then, having a relaxing one-hour massage with my Sweetie!
Then going home, drinking some whisky and beer, and frying up some bacon, and making home-made bacon maple whisky!

Wait, it gets better!

Since we had plenty of leftover bacon, I thought I'd try out a recipe for dinner - Fried Sweet Mascarpone, Cream Cheese, Nutella & Raspberry Sandwiches!

Take equal parts mascarpone cheese and regular cream cheese (about 4 oz. each), let come to room temp.
Mix in 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, stir till well mixed. Let it sit for a while til softened.

In the meantime, take your raspberries (I used fresh frozen) and let them thaw till soft. Sprinkle with a good layer of powdered sugar, let set.

Take either slices of pound cake or bread (dang it, I was fresh outta pound cake, so had to use bread).
Slather butter on one side, and all around the crusts. Roll in powdered sugar. Repeat with second slice.

Apply thick layer of mascarpone mixture on one slice of bread (not on buttered side)
Add layer of Nutella on other slice of bread.

Add fresh raspberries.

Fry in pure butter in skillet till brown and crispy (only about 5 minutes).

Remove, cut diagonally. Place slices of bacon in between. Drizzle some of the juice of the raspberries over it.

CONSUME!!!! 

Dear Lord, it's definitely decadent, gooey, delicious. Could NOT eat this every day!!!|
Every *other* day, perhaps, but not every day.

Next time we make it, we're going to batter the sandwiches and then deep-fry them. 

Got lots more to report - and yes, I've been away but not completely gone, been concentrating on getting my 'MacabreWebs' Etsy page up and running (and have made two sales in less than two weeks!!! Woooo-hooo!). 
More info at my MacabreWebs.blogspot.com page!

You know that Halloween is on the way.... I'll have plenty to report on and even more photos to share!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post and Blog, congratulations from:
http://terror-en-el-cine.blogspot.com/