CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Full of Complex Carbohydrates and MicroNutrients

I am a novelty to many (and I'm fine with that).
I have a very silly sense of humor usually riddled with malapropisms (and I'm fine with that, too).
I ask too many questions of Life and I expect all the answers.
I trust people too easily when I shouldn't; however, I respect everyone regardless…unless they do something to make me think twice.
I don't cheat. I am tactful yet will give the truth up front (and never mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it).
I like to help the people who have helped me, and even those who have not.
I never forget... but sometimes I misplace things.
I never lose hope.
I am awesomely blessed for the people who have come into my life, and I am blessed for the people who have left because I realize I didn't need them anyway.
I honestly feel that laughter is the best medicine you can have.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. In other words, I'm human, and definitely not perfect.
But tomorrow is another day, and there's so much cheese to be had...
(thank you to Ranae S. for this bit of inspiration!)

Please click often! It's free, and it helps our animal friends in shelters

The Animal Rescue Site

Everyone, get up and dance now!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Where the heck have I been!?

Wow, seriously neglecting my life blog here it seems! I do have a perfectly good excuse though - I've been making a serious go at being a "professional" artist, and posting about all that sort of hoity-toity art-ness on my other blog. My, ahem, ART BLOG. The MacabreWebs one. I've done several art shows (got another one coming up in late September that I am personally putting together), have opened an Etsy shop, and have for the most part, at least for now, "retired" from a day job. 

Several friends who had been following my Quirk Shop blog had asked, "Hey, when are you going to do some updates?" Guess I can't put it off any longer. Gotta give the peeps what they want!

Just got back from a long (two week long) drive-vacation across the southwestern US. It took me and Mark (that's my hubby, aka "Poopy") through seven states and then back again. All I can say to sum it all up is, holy moley. What a gorgeous stretch of land we went through in our fancy rental car. Of course, me being, well, me... I took a few photos. As in, a bit over 1000 photos. So for the past three days straight, I've been downloading, adjusting, re-sizing, trying to pick out some truly worthy ones to post. And that I will! That will take me a bit of time to do, as I don't plan on merely dumping a bunch of picks here, I want to write about our trip. 

Being a born & raised west coastie girl (Los Angeles, CA), I loved the terrain and the weather along the way. A DRY heat. Very unlike where I live now (the Nashville, TN area hills). Don't get me wrong, I love being here in Tennessee, I love the south, love my friends and home here, we have a great quality of life that I did not find in southern California. Just being out in the semi-arid rocky high-altitude desert made me a little homesick. New Mexico in particular, I fell in love with! The "Land of Enchantment" did just that to me; worked its magic on me in a big way. I'd been through all these states (Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada) many times when I was younger, but for some reason, it really got to me! 

Another amazingly breathtaking region I fell in love with is northern Arizona. We stayed in the Cottonwood area, Sedona, and the town of Jerome (more about Jerome in a bit). WOW! High altitude means a much more varied landscape with many pine trees and cooler air. 

Photos to follow as I update this and get my 1,000-plus photos readied!

Be back in a bit...




0 comments: