CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Full of Complex Carbohydrates and MicroNutrients

I am a novelty to many (and I'm fine with that).
I have a very silly sense of humor usually riddled with malapropisms (and I'm fine with that, too).
I ask too many questions of Life and I expect all the answers.
I trust people too easily when I shouldn't; however, I respect everyone regardless…unless they do something to make me think twice.
I don't cheat. I am tactful yet will give the truth up front (and never mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it).
I like to help the people who have helped me, and even those who have not.
I never forget... but sometimes I misplace things.
I never lose hope.
I am awesomely blessed for the people who have come into my life, and I am blessed for the people who have left because I realize I didn't need them anyway.
I honestly feel that laughter is the best medicine you can have.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. In other words, I'm human, and definitely not perfect.
But tomorrow is another day, and there's so much cheese to be had...
(thank you to Ranae S. for this bit of inspiration!)

Please click often! It's free, and it helps our animal friends in shelters

The Animal Rescue Site

Everyone, get up and dance now!

Monday, October 29, 2012

What a whirlwind of a weekend it's been...!

Since the saying goes "A picture is worth a thousand words," I'll let these do the talking (along with captions). This has been a fabulous Halloween season and this past week and its end have been nothing short of special, with beloved friends and in nature...


Mr. and Mrs. Spooky!
At Kimbro's in downtown Franklin on Oct. 26th evening,
at a very special Secret Commonwealth show
Me at Pumpkinfest earlier in the day. I loved this guy's costume!
It had to be almost 15 feet tall and scary as hell (but funny!)

Sunday, October 28th. A clear, sunny, windy day...
perfect for a drive down the famous Natchez Trace Parkway!

On the bridge, overlooking the outskirts of Franklin on Hwy. 96, toward the east 

Westward view of Hwy. 96 from bridge
At Birdsong Hollow park just before the bridge, the sign warning 
would-be leapers to please reconsider!


A view through the tall trees, with the west side of Franklin/Hwy. 96 in the distance

We walked across the entire expanse (approx. 3/10s of a mile but it seemed like forever
in the strong winds!) and then turned around and walked back

Mark looking over the top... this view literally takes your breath away!
With the bridge in the background as I froze my butt off (but loved it!)

Who is that crazy woman, always snapping photos like a tourist?

Heading back home, crossing over Hwy. 100 just at the intersection
where the Loveless Cafe is

Which fork to take? The one less traveled, of course...

I love this place. Amazing food, fantastic atmosphere... just can't get enough of it.

Some big 'uns outside the restaurant door

On the road near our home, horses in the pasture (and orbs a-plenty!)

Motion photo going up our hill and twilight ahead

AWESOME! a huge 8-point buck crossed in front of our car
(I tried to capture it but this was the best I got)

This is my new all-time favorite photo... it does such magic for my soul.
We were pulling into our driveway as twilight fell.
I noticed both the skeleton lit up in our barn hayloft
as well as the full moon arising through the clouds, above the trees that surround our pasture.
It just does not look real! ... to me it looks more like something from a movie set.
Needless to say - I *love* living here!!!


















2 comments:

Pam Morris said...

great pics--LOVE the skelly in the hayloft--spectacular!

MacabreWebs said...

Aw, thanks so much, Pam, I do appreciate it. Love sharing the natural beauty of Autumn and of course, all things Halloweenesque...
-E