CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Full of Complex Carbohydrates and MicroNutrients

I am a novelty to many (and I'm fine with that).
I have a very silly sense of humor usually riddled with malapropisms (and I'm fine with that, too).
I ask too many questions of Life and I expect all the answers.
I trust people too easily when I shouldn't; however, I respect everyone regardless…unless they do something to make me think twice.
I don't cheat. I am tactful yet will give the truth up front (and never mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it).
I like to help the people who have helped me, and even those who have not.
I never forget... but sometimes I misplace things.
I never lose hope.
I am awesomely blessed for the people who have come into my life, and I am blessed for the people who have left because I realize I didn't need them anyway.
I honestly feel that laughter is the best medicine you can have.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. In other words, I'm human, and definitely not perfect.
But tomorrow is another day, and there's so much cheese to be had...
(thank you to Ranae S. for this bit of inspiration!)

Please click often! It's free, and it helps our animal friends in shelters

The Animal Rescue Site

Everyone, get up and dance now!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Farewell, Princess Yeti...

Rest in peace, beautiful girl.  10/1995 - 7/20/2011
Yeti slipped peacefully away earlier this morning. I said fare thee well to my dearest, sweet, funny, clever Friend of over seventeen years. That span of time passed in the blink of an eye! A thousand years would not have been nearly enough. Humans are selfish, aren't we. We have grief for what is taken from us that was never really ours to begin with... everything is only on loan, temporarily. I pray to remember to have thankfulness for the love and good times shared while on this mortal plane.

I know she has set off for the Summerland, to laze in the soft sunshine, and of course to chase all those fat, slow, abundant mice there. Yeti, the mighty Huntress! No more pain in that tiny, depleted, frail body... but needless to say, there is much sorrow in my soul as I had to come to terms with letting her go. She was a truly amazing, special girl, intelligent like no other, responding to verbal commands and even playing fetch like a dog. I recall so many times, simply thinking of her, and she'd show up, jump onto my lap, and give a loud, Siamese "ROWLLL." A lot to be said about pets having a sixth sense, for certain, and with Yeti, it was uncanny. We went through a lot together, our lives intertwined across time and miles. How do you bid goodbye to a friend and not fall apart, I ask you?

My heart grieves deeply, beyond any sort of description... and right when I think the tears may finally be subsiding, along comes another fresh river that torrents out from my soul. The house seems so incredibly quiet without her presence. She used to sit outside our bedroom door and sing raucous arias in the wee hours of the night, awakening Mark and I. What I wouldn't give to have her sing for me again... 


I asked her to please come visit me... to come give me a sign, when she's ready. I'll be looking for her in the sheen of every iridescent butterfly's wing, in every autumn leaf that drifts gently in the breeze and makes a dappled shadow, in every gleaming diamond sparkle of snow... while my heart breaks further into pieces and I sob at the void she's left in me. But my real comfort comes knowing that she is now with her Daddy, Everett, accompanied by my other beloved Kitty Souls who have passed before her: Grizz and Misha, and also Coco, my much-loved childhood Border Collie. May they all reunite, to rest and romp among their many friends and ancestors.

May the mighty Bast receive you back among the fold, to walk with you and your fellow Felines. I was so honored to have you in my life, Yeti. Thank you for the years you enriched all aspects of my existence. You taught me many valuable lessons... you are so loved.


Merry Meet, and sad to part... but Merry Meet again one day.


I dubbed this "IlluminYeti" as she appears to glow... 2007




Yeti... our first winter in Nashville, 2005






6 comments:

Pam Morris said...

my heartfelt condolences. it is so very hard to let go and the pain inside the heart is terrible. I lost one of my beloved friends in March and I'm still crying. she knew you loved her and how wonderful you were able to share life together.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

I am so sorry. Reminds me of my long gone furry friends and how much I miss them. Sending hugs your way.

Cheers!

Jinx said...

I am so, so sorry. My heart goes out to you. x

Little Gothic Horrors said...

This is such a moving post - you've made me cry. I lost my beloved cat, Sabrina, 2 years ago. She was 15 when she died. She had been very ill. My heart broke.

I understand about oriental breeds. Sabrina was a Burmese, and I still have Phoebe, a Tonkinese. Phoebe chats all day with that raucous Siamese voice of hers.

I like the idea of Bast watching over my Sabrina until I see her again!

By Way of Salem said...

Ellen, I'm so so sorry. I dreaded the day I would read a post such as this about Yeti. She was such a wonderful cat and what a character. I will miss the conversations her and I had together....

MacabreWebs said...

Thanks, everyone, for all the love and well-wishes... we all know that nobody's making it out alive (Life is terminal, right?) but we still dread when our loved ones cross over beyond the Veil.

I found some videos I took of Yeti back in summer 2008 when we first bought our home. I'll post as soon as I get a chance to work on them.

XOXO

- Ellie