CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Full of Complex Carbohydrates and MicroNutrients

I am a novelty to many (and I'm fine with that).
I have a very silly sense of humor usually riddled with malapropisms (and I'm fine with that, too).
I ask too many questions of Life and I expect all the answers.
I trust people too easily when I shouldn't; however, I respect everyone regardless…unless they do something to make me think twice.
I don't cheat. I am tactful yet will give the truth up front (and never mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it).
I like to help the people who have helped me, and even those who have not.
I never forget... but sometimes I misplace things.
I never lose hope.
I am awesomely blessed for the people who have come into my life, and I am blessed for the people who have left because I realize I didn't need them anyway.
I honestly feel that laughter is the best medicine you can have.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. In other words, I'm human, and definitely not perfect.
But tomorrow is another day, and there's so much cheese to be had...
(thank you to Ranae S. for this bit of inspiration!)

Please click often! It's free, and it helps our animal friends in shelters

The Animal Rescue Site

Everyone, get up and dance now!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

UPDATED: Two sources of pain...

For those who have asked me, I'm including a new photo here of the Twist's wondrous property on Highway 70 in Kingston Springs, "Outdoor Stuff & The Milo Art Gallery." There is a link below you can click on to take you to Ronnie's blog, which is where you can find the press release about this amazing and historical property. 


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 


Yeah, I know, what a dramatic intro... but hear me out!

Our neighbors in Kingston Springs - local rockabilly singer/musician, Ronnie Lee Twist and his beautiful wife, artist Nikki Danby Twist - have put their amazing home and statuary shop/art gallery on the market! NO!!! This can't be. Say it ain't so! 

Mark and I have loved to peruse the awesome display of cement garden statues they offer. The Twists are the nicest people you'll ever meet. They welcome you inside, offer you a cool drink if it's hot outside, never rush you off, and pretty much treat you like you're family. I've never seen such a wide selection of cement statuary in my life, too, ranging in all sizes, shapes, and subjects. The property spans close to eight acres of rolling Tennessee countryside and has a very long and historical past (see below for the link).

You've seen some of their wonderful statues posted here, which I have in various places around our property, including the whimsical standing kitty cat holding a basket (which I filled with birdseed during the winter) and the cement bench in our shady Stump Henge area.
One of the many amazing statues you'll find  

Anyone who is interested in buying the property and business can contact the Twists (but I'm seriously hoping they decide to stay here!) and can read their press release about the history of the property by clicking here: http://www.ronnieleetwist.blogspot.com
A place to rest in the shady Henge on this lovely bench


The other source of pain I'm having is in the form of a upper respiratory cold.... yuck! I'm blaming my boss on causing this, as he was in the throes of a chest cold, coughing his brains out all over the place. I'm a fanatic when it comes to staying healthy, but even though I took precautions to  not catch his germs, it still got me anyway. The fact that the pollen count is at an all-time record high right now in Tennessee is probably not helping it much, either. I don't have allergies, luckily, but the air is filled with pollen. Each morning when I go to my car, I find it covered in a fine layer of yellow and green powder.


Off I go now, to slurp up copious quantities of herbal remedies. Back when I'm feeling more human.

5 comments:

Mark said...

Hoping you feel better soon, Hunny.

SquirrelQueen said...

I've been hearing about the pollen over your way. Hope you are feeling better soon.

In this market it could be awhile before the property sells but good luck with any new neighbors.

lifeshighway said...

No one is going to mention how great the cat statue is! I want to go see the Twists, in fact all of my buddies do.

Take more pictures.

Very cute blog.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We've been hit hard by pollen this year as well.

Lifes said...

Thanks for the updated pics. I'm going to send some people your way tomorrow to see this very excellent shop.