CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Full of Complex Carbohydrates and MicroNutrients

I am a novelty to many (and I'm fine with that).
I have a very silly sense of humor usually riddled with malapropisms (and I'm fine with that, too).
I ask too many questions of Life and I expect all the answers.
I trust people too easily when I shouldn't; however, I respect everyone regardless…unless they do something to make me think twice.
I don't cheat. I am tactful yet will give the truth up front (and never mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it).
I like to help the people who have helped me, and even those who have not.
I never forget... but sometimes I misplace things.
I never lose hope.
I am awesomely blessed for the people who have come into my life, and I am blessed for the people who have left because I realize I didn't need them anyway.
I honestly feel that laughter is the best medicine you can have.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. In other words, I'm human, and definitely not perfect.
But tomorrow is another day, and there's so much cheese to be had...
(thank you to Ranae S. for this bit of inspiration!)

Please click often! It's free, and it helps our animal friends in shelters

The Animal Rescue Site

Everyone, get up and dance now!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Shiny, bright and new



What a gorgeous boy! I have bird feeders set up at strategic viewing areas throughout my home. I got this cardinal on my 12 MP Canon SX20 IS from my second floor bedroom window. His beak is full of birdseed and he's fat and sassy indeed. 


 Another shot taken from my bedroom window, overlooking most of the backyard area. I'm surprised we still have some green grass! All the trees are barren, save for a few evergreens on the property. My new garden and greenhouse will be set in the lower right side, just beyond the green bush. There is a nice large wide area there that's suitable, plus it's within easy reach of the garden hose and potting shed. It will be a lot of work to create but well worth it. We were originally going to use our pasture but decided against it, as the huge oak tree (on the far left above) casts too much shade there; plus, the hose does not reach close enough for irrigation. Instead, we're going to use the existing pasture area to build a chicken coop and a small enclosure against the barn for goats.
Yay! I'll be a farmer yet!


A super-zoom closeup of the tangled dead wood and trees in our forest. The Hubby and I bundled up and took a stroll there. We discovered a newly-fallen hickory tree that we'll go chop up for burning, and a completely frozen pond. Winter is undoubtedly here in a big way. I love this beauty in all its severity. 


The full Blue moon rose in a glorious way over our property. I ventured outside to grab a few shots before running inside, half-frozen to death (it was 17 degrees!) with fingers turned into icicles. Thankfully the Hubby had a nice toasty fire roaring in the living room. Brrr!


Moon rays reach out across the heavens.


 Filtered to show the reaching moon rays.

3 comments:

PurestGreen said...

I love your photos of the full blue moon. I watched it glow high and bright from my flat in Edinburgh. Thanks for visiting me on Scotland for the Senses!

MacabreWebs said...

Well thank YOU for stopping by to visit. I genuinely appreciate it. How are you liking life in Edinburgh? I love your site, too.

I have dreams of coming to Scotland - land of my ancestors. That dream may be a reality soon (I hope I hope I hope!)

By Way of Salem said...

The bird photos are spectacular. You could be a photographer - truly. They'd made awesome photocards too. I meant to tell you this before. J