CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Full of Complex Carbohydrates and MicroNutrients

I am a novelty to many (and I'm fine with that).
I have a very silly sense of humor usually riddled with malapropisms (and I'm fine with that, too).
I ask too many questions of Life and I expect all the answers.
I trust people too easily when I shouldn't; however, I respect everyone regardless…unless they do something to make me think twice.
I don't cheat. I am tactful yet will give the truth up front (and never mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it).
I like to help the people who have helped me, and even those who have not.
I never forget... but sometimes I misplace things.
I never lose hope.
I am awesomely blessed for the people who have come into my life, and I am blessed for the people who have left because I realize I didn't need them anyway.
I honestly feel that laughter is the best medicine you can have.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong.
I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. In other words, I'm human, and definitely not perfect.
But tomorrow is another day, and there's so much cheese to be had...
(thank you to Ranae S. for this bit of inspiration!)

Please click often! It's free, and it helps our animal friends in shelters

The Animal Rescue Site

Everyone, get up and dance now!

Friday, July 10, 2009

ToPumpkins? PumMatoes?




I present to you these first plump specimens of my Cherokee Purple tomato plant.
Wow (if I do ever-so-humbly say so meself)...
they are spectacular! The ripening one on the left really looks like a miniature pumpkin. (Hmm, is it possible to cross-polinate these with a pumpkin plant, and come up with a hybrid? Things to ponder.) It is just beginning to show the purple streaks this variety is known for and gets its name from.

I've slavishly devoted myself to this plant, providing it with a safe, happy and organic environment for it to flourish. Each day, I make sure it's been well-watered (including giving it a home-made calcium concoction I create in my own kitchen from the crushed eggs of organic, free-range chickens, to ensure its beauteous tomatoes retain their perfect, blemish-free skin), pruning it just so, and instantly removing any sort of offensive pest that may deem harm a single green leaf. Miss Cherokee Purple has rewarded me by growing into more of a giant bushy tree than a mere plant at lightning speed, and is now laden with (at last count) 17 gloriously plump fruit of various size and stage of development, all glistening like sweet, vitamin-C infused jewels in the hot Tennessee sun.


This shot was taken this morning, showing a small section of what I'm growing this season on my patio. It includes the Cherokee Purple tomato (the big bushy plant in the back), various types of lavender (another big favorite of mine), rosemary (mmm, num num num!), poblano, bell, and two types of jalapeno peppers ('cuz Mama likes it hot, baby), mesclun lettuce, lemon thyme, mint, stevia, arugula (I just love saying 'aruuuuugula'), and luscious purple basil.

Not too bad for a (former) city girl, eh?




0 comments: